Here are four great resources you can use to help spread the word:
1. Download the flyer and distribute it to your friends
2. Use this one paragraph message in your organization’s newsletter:
Join concerned area residents in a march and rally on Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. to call for sensible gun control laws. In the wake of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, Washington CeaseFire and others are turning Anger into Action, as supporters march from Westlake Park to Seattle Center Mural Amphitheater. The rally, called StandUp Washington, will include speakers, music and remembrance for those lost. Most importantly, there will be a call to action on this day before the opening of the 2013 Legislative session. Sponsors include Washington CeaseFire, the Austin Foundation, the Church Council of Greater Seattle, Faith Action Network of Washington, Plymouth Congregational Church, First United Methodist Church of Seattle, University Temple United Methodist Church and Rainier Beach United Methodist Church.
3. Ask your organization to become a cosponsor with this sponsorship template:
I’m sure you were as shocked and horrified as me at the mass shootings in Newtown, Connecticut on December 14. The killing of innocent children and school staff members by a deranged man using a semi-automatic weapon has changed the conversation about sensible gun laws. Their deaths, along with the recent murders of two firefighters in New York, add to our need to do something about gun violence. We’re angry about the ongoing toll of mass shootings, and it’s time to turn our anger into action.
As a member of the organizing committee for the StandUp WA March and Rally on January 13, 2013, 1:30 pm. I invite [name of organization] to join as an official sponsor to what will certainly be our city’s largest public gathering against gun violence. With your help we can build a coalition that, this time, will be strong enough to get the attention of our legislative leaders in Olympia. We are marching in order to send a message that more children do not need to die before we do something about gun violence.
Organizational sponsorship requires no financial contribution. Sponsors add their names to the broad base of support we’ve already seen. We ask that you:
- Consider an organizational sponsorship at the appropriate staff or board level of your organization. If the answer is “yes” we ask that you
- Send leaders to attend the march and rally;
- Invite members of your organization to join in the march and rally as well;
- Allow StandUp WA to use of your name on our website and flyers;
- Send us a high-res file with your logo
The time is short before our January 13 rally, and we’ll need to know all organizational sponsors by January 9. We hope for your positive response to this opportunity. Please join us to help reduce gun violence. This march is something you and your organization can do to make a real difference.
4. Use this graphic as your Facebook profile pic